- 3/4 pound Idaho potatoes, peeled and cut into large dice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Combine the potatoes, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and enough water to cover by 1 inch in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil and cook until just fork-tender, about 12 minutes. Remove from the heat and drain. Return to the pan and cook for 1 minute, mashing with a potato masher or heavy whisk over medium heat. Add the cream, butter, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and white pepper and mash until smooth. Stir in the parsley.
- Remove from the heat and spread on a plate to cool. (The potatoes can be made in advance and refrigerated until ready to use.)