- 4 cups Jamaican ginger beer or high-quality ginger ale
- 2 cups dark rum
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 4 tablespoons Simple Syrup
- Crushed ice, for serving
- Lime slices, for garnish
- SIMPLE SYRUP:
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups water
- Combine the ginger beer, rum, lime juice, and Simple Syrup in a decorative bowl or pitcher. Stir to combine. Serve in old-fashioned, highball, or tall glasses over crushed ice. Garnish each drink with a lime slice.
- SIMPLE SYRUP: Combine the sugar and water in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat and cook, stirring, until the sugar dissolves.
- Bring the mixture just to a boil, then remove from the heat.
- Let the mixture come to room temperature, then refrigerate in an airtight container until ready to use. Simple Syrup can be made up to two months in advance.
- Makes 2 1/4 cups