- 1 (15 pound) fresh turkey
- Olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Pomegranate-Black Pepper Glaze:
- 1 1/2 cups pomegranate molasses
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons prepared horseradish, drained
- 2 tablespoons coarsely ground black pepper
- Whisk together all ingredients in a medium bowl and season with salt to taste.
- Truss the turkey. Place turkey on a work surface, breast side up. Rub it with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the grill to medium heat.
- Have the rotisserie shaft fitted with 1 spit fork. Making certain that the turkey is centered, push the rotisserie shaft through the turkey between the legs, exiting at the neck. Slide the spit fork onto the shaft. Insert the tines of the spit forks into the turkey, screw side up, and tighten the screws to secure firmly. Set the rotisserie shaft in place in the rotisserie ring. Loosen the retaining loop at the handle, and let the counterweight assembly hang down to counterbalance the weight of the breast. The rotisserie should rotate so that the heavy side of the turkey rotates down to the bottom. Swing the counterweight assembly so that the counterweight is directly opposite the heavy side of the turkey. Tighten the retaining loop. The counterweight travel should stick out a little bit above the shaft handle and retaining loop. You may need to adjust the travel of the counterweight as the food cooks, or if the motor sounds like it is straining. Insert the pointed end of the rotisserie shaft into the motor. Set the rotisserie shaft into the ring. Cover the grill, and turn the motor on.
- Grill the turkey 11 minutes per pound if unstuffed. During the last 30 minutes, baste the entire turkey with 1 cup of the marinade. Remove the turkey from the grill and immediately brush with the remaining glaze. Let rest for 20 minutes before slicing. To determine if the turkey is thoroughly cooked, insert an instant-read thermometer into the thickest part of the inner muscle of the thigh, making certain not to touch the bone, and check that the temperature is 175 to 180 degrees F.
Overstuffed Pumpkin With Cornbread, Apples And Turkey Sausage With Sauvignon Blanc
Sausage, Onion And Bell Pepper Brochettes With Grilled Kicked Up Polenta Squares
Tea Smoked Salmon With Wasabi Cucumber Remoulade With Toast Points
Chestnut Ravioli With Sage Browned Butter
Grilled Taro Leaf Wrapped Mahi Mahi With Lilikoi (passion Fruit) Reduction
Creamy Cranberry Bread Pudding
Black Pepper Crusted Sea Scallops With A Crab Meat And Fiddlehead Fern Relish With Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
Grilled Flank Steak Taquitos With Black Bean Puree, Roasted Pepper Salsa And Cilantro-tequila Cream
Turkey And Vegetable Soup