- Tasso Curing Spices:
- 1/2 pound salt
- 1/4 pound ground black pepper
- 1/4 ounce cayenne
- 4 ounces paprika
- 2 ounces garlic powder
- 1 3/4 ounces onion powder
- For the canapes:
- 1 (3 to 4 pound) side salmon, boned and trimmed
- Wood chips
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 bunch fresh chives, minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Creole seasoning
- 1 loaf thinly sliced sandwich bread, crusts removed
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 6 ounces salmon caviar
- In a small bowl, combine the tasso curing spices and mix well. On a large sheet pan spread a piece of plastic wrap. Sprinkle 3/4 of the tasso curing spices on the wrap, the lay the side of salmon on top. Cover the salmon with the remaining spices, using more on the head end of the fish. Wrap the fish securely in the plastic and refrigerate for 4 days.
- Soak wood chips in water for at least 30 minutes and prepare the grill. Drain the chips and place in a stovetop smoker. Unwrap the fish and place on the smoker, skin side down. Cover the smoker and cook for approximately 5 minutes to impart a smoky flavor.
- Remove the fish from the smoker, brush the excess cure from the surface of the fish and allow to rest, covered, in the refrigerator at least 1 hour, or overnight.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the sour cream, chives, lemon juice, salt and Creole seasoning to taste. Cover and refrigerate until needed.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly spread the sliced bread with butter and cut into either triangles or squares. Toast the bread slices in the oven until just golden, about 4 minutes. Allow to crisp on a cooling rack.
- Slice the salmon thinly on a diagonal with a very sharp knife. Fold 1 slice onto each toast and top with a dollop of chive sour cream and caviar.
Puff Pastry Wrapped Salmon And Watercress Mousse With Champagne Chive Butter Sauce
Wicked Peach Cobbler
Tea Smoked Salmon With Wasabi Cucumber Remoulade With Toast Points
Lomi Lomi Salmon
Chris' Kicked Up Spicy Walnut Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies
Tasso Cured Red Snapper
Citrus Cured Salmon
Cured Salmon And Caramelized Ruby Red Grapefruit Salad With Blood Orange Gastrique
Vodka And Citrus Cured Salmon
Sausage, Onion And Bell Pepper Brochettes With Grilled Kicked Up Polenta Squares