- 1 teaspoon plus 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup minced onions
- Freshly ground white pepper
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups whole milk
- 4 cups sweet green peas, blanched
- 1/2 cup fine dried bread crumbs
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Grease an 8 cup oval gratin dish with 1 teaspoon of the butter.
- In a large sauté pan, over medium heat, melt the remaining 2 tablespoons of the butter Add the onions. Season with salt and pepper. Sauté for 2 minutes. Add the flour and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Stir in the milk and bring to a simmer. Cook for 4 to 6 minutes or until the mixture coats the back of a spoon. Add the peas and mix thoroughly.
- Pour into the prepared pan. Season the bread crumbs with Essence. Sprinkle the bread crumb mixture over the peas. Top with the grated cheese.
- Place in the oven and cook until the peas are bubbly and the top is golden, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Spoon onto serving plates and serve.
Sweet Potato Chiffon Pie
Sweet Peas Au Gratin
Apple And Pecan Spoonbread
Cream Of Parsnip Soup With Potato Crisps And Bacon
Grilled Sweet Potato S'more Pies
Molokai Sweet Potato Salad
Roasted Sweet Potato Salad
Sweet Potato Roasted Pork Au Gratin
Garlic Potato Parsnip Puree
Overstuffed Pumpkin With Cornbread, Apples And Turkey Sausage With Sauvignon Blanc