- 2 pounds fresh strawberries, washed, patted dry, hulled, and quartered
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- Totally-from-Scratch Biscuits, baked with the exception noted in step 4
- 1 1/2 cups Real Whipped Cream (You'll need to make 1 1/2 batches)
- Position rack in center of oven and preheat the oven to 475Â°F.
- Macerate the strawberries by combining the strawberries, 1/2 cup of the sugar, water, and orange zest in a large bowl. Stir well to combine.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until the strawberries have softened and given up their juices and mixture is chilled, about 1 hour.
- While the strawberries are chilling, make the Totally-from-Scratch Biscuits with the following exception: after brushing the tops of the biscuits with butter, sprinkle the tops with the remaining 1 tablespoon of sugar before baking. Bake as instructed.
- When the biscuits are done, using oven mitts or pot holders, remove them from the oven and transfer to wire racks to cool. The shortcakes can be served warm or at room temperature.
- To assemble the shortcakes: Using a knife or fork, split the biscuits in half horizontally and place the bottom halves on each of 8 plates.
- Spoon 1/2 cup of the macerated strawberries on each bottom half. Top each serving with 3 tablespoons of Real Whipped Cream. Lean a biscuit top against each bottom and serve.
Totally From Scratch Biscuits
Rainy Day Bbq Chicken
Candy Bar Stuffed Baked Apples
New Orleans Style Bread Pudding With Chocolate Sauce
Piece Of The Pie Pecan Bars
Big And Chewy Oatmeal Cookies
My First Watermelon Granita
It's A Good Morning Muffins
Try It, You'll Like It Zucchini Bread
Lemon Icebox Pie