- 1/4 pound bacon (4 or 5 slices), cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 2 cups chopped yellow onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 12 to 14 cups cubed (1/2-inch) day-old French bread
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped scallions
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Baby Bam
- Position rack in center of oven and preheat the oven to 400Â°F.
- Heat a medium skillet over medium-high heat and add the bacon. Cook, stirring frequently, until bacon is crisp and golden brown, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add 4 tablespoons of the butter and the onion and celery to the pan with the bacon and cook until the vegetables are soft, about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add the poultry seasoning and garlic and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Transfer the mixture to a large mixing bowl and add the bread cubes, chicken broth, beaten eggs, parsley, scallions, salt, pepper, and Baby Bam. Using a wooden spoon, stir to thoroughly combine. Reserve the skillet for later use.
- Using 1 tablespoon of the remaining butter, coat the sides and bottom of a baking dish and transfer the bread mixture to the buttered baking dish.
- In the same skillet in which you cooked the bacon, melt the remaining 3 tablespoons of butter over medium heat.
- Carefully drizzle the melted butter over the top of the bread mixture in the baking dish.
- Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Using oven mitts or pot holders, carefully remove the baking dish from the oven and remove the aluminum foil. Be very careful of steam!
- Using oven mitts or pot holders, return the baking dish to the oven and continue to bake until top of stuffing is golden brown and slightly crispy, about 20 minutes longer.
- Using oven mitts or pot holders, remove the baking dish from the oven and serve.
Candy Bar Stuffed Baked Apples
Sugar And Spice Acorn Squash
Corn Off The Cob Pudding
Emeril's Favorite Stuffed Shrimp
Best Baked Tomatoes
Miss Hilda's Popcorn Cake
It's A Good Morning Muffins
Try It, You'll Like It Zucchini Bread
Totally From Scratch Biscuits
New Orleans Style Bread Pudding With Chocolate Sauce