- 1/2 cup heavy cream, well chilled
- 1 tablespoon confectionersí sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place a mixing bowl and the beaters from your electric mixer in the freezer or refrigerator until well chilled, about 15 minutes.
- Combine the heavy cream, confectionersí sugar, and vanilla extract in the mixing bowl.
- With an electric mixer on low speed, begin beating the cream, gradually increasing the speed to high as cream thickens. (Do this slowly, or the cream will splatter all over!)
- Beat until the cream forms soft peaks. Test to see if it is ready by turning off the mixer and lifting the beaters out of the cream ñ if the cream makes soft peaks that topple over slightly, then itís done. Be careful not to overwhip, or the cream will separate and begin to taste like butter.
- Serve immediately or cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 2 hours.