- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed well in a colander set in a sink
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, plus extra for serving, if desired
- 1 1/2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Baby Bam
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- Pita bread, pita chips,
- Blow You Away Bagel Chips, or
- vegetables, for dipping (optional)
In the bowl of a food processor combine the chickpeas with 3 tablespoons of the olive oil, the onion, water, tahini, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, 1 teaspoon of the Baby Bam, the cumin, salt, garlic, and cayenne pepper. Process until the mixture is combined and mostly smooth, about 1 minute.
Turn the processor off and carefully remove the lid and blade. Using a rubber spatula, remove the hummus from the bowl of the processor, transfer to an airtight container, and refrigerate until chilled, at least 1 1/2 to 2 hours and up to several days in advance.
When ready to serve, stir the hummus and transfer to a shallow serving bowl. Drizzle with the remaining tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil and sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 teaspoon Baby Bam.
Serve with pita bread, pita chips, Blow-You-Away Bagel Chips, or vegetables for dipping.