- 25 small red creamer or new potatoes, about 2 inches long and 1 1/2 inches wide, scrubbed and dried
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound boneless rib-eye steak
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons Essence
- 1 cup sour cream
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 3 tablespoons prepared horseradish, drained
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced green onions
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley leaves
- Chopped chives, garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Lightly grease 2 large baking sheets with olive oil (about 1 teaspoon each).
- Cut the potatoes in 1/2 lengthwise. In a bowl, toss with the remaining oil to coat, and lightly season with salt and pepper. Place, cut sides down, on the baking sheets and roast until just tender, 20 to 22 minutes. Remove from the oven and let sit until cool enough to handle. Leave the oven on.
- Meanwhile, preheat a grill or grill pan over medium-high heat. In a small bowl, make a paste with the vegetable oil and Essence. Rub the meat on both sides with the paste. Place the steak on the hot grill (or on the grill pan) and cook until medium-rare, about 8 minutes per side. Remove from the grill and let rest for 10 minutes.
- With a small melon baller or small spoon, carefully scoop the pulp from each potato, leaving a thin shell. Place the pulp in a saucepan, and return the potato shells to the baking sheets. To the saucepan with the potato pulp, add 1/2 cup of the sour cream, the butter, horseradish, salt, and pepper, and mash over low heat with a potato masher until creamy, adding more sour cream as needed to keep moist. Remove from the heat and add the green onions and parsley, and stir well. Adjust the seasoning, to taste. Cover to keep warm.
- Return the potato shells to the oven to warm through, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- To assemble, slice the steak thinly and cut into 50 pieces, each about 2 1/4-inches long. Divide the mashed potato filling among the potato shells, mounding slightly. Fold each steak strip into 1/3's and arrange on top of each stuffed potato. Place on a decorative platter, sprinkle with chives and serve.
Cheese And Sausage Lasagna Bites
Emeril's Crawfish Cream Pasta Bites
Mini Eggs Benedict With Choron Sauce
Manly Mexican Bites
Emeril's Grilled Cowboy Steak With Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Fried Oysters And A Drizzle Of Homemade Worcestershire Sauce
Emerilized Salisbury Steak With Mushroom Gravy And Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Grilled Flank Steak Taquitos With Black Bean Puree, Roasted Pepper Salsa And Cilantro-tequila Cream
Ham And Cheese Bites
Ham Steaks With Red Eye Gravy, Sweet Potato Biscuits And Molasses Pecan Butter
Homemade Red Sauce