- Preheat a fire, or preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. If using an oven, lightly grease a large baking sheet.
- In a bowl, add the cheese to the biscuit mix and toss to combine. Work the water into the biscuit mix to make a dough being careful not to over-mix. On a lightly floured surface, pat out the biscuit mix into a large rectangle, about 1/4-inch thick. Cut lengthwise into 6 equal strips.
- Skewer the sausages on the sticks. Wrap each sausage diagonally with the dough. Sprinkle lightly with Essence.
- If cooking over a fire, stick the bottom of the sticks into the ground, with the meat and dough over the fire. To cook in the oven, place on the prepared baking sheet. Cook until the sausages are warmed through and the crust is golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove from the heat source.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mustard, honey, and whiskey until smooth.
- Remove the sticks from the sausages and arrange on plates. Serve hot with the mustard sauce for dipping.
Katafi Wrapped Chicken Strips With 2 Dipping Sauces
Boudin Balls with Creole Mustard Dipping Sauce
Vietnamese Summer Rolls With Hot Mustard Sauce
Brandied Duck Liver Mousse With Creole Mustard Sauce
Crab Rangoon Pot Stickers With Hot Mustard Sauce
Creole Mustard And Roasted Poblano Dipping Sauce
Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce
Beer Battered Fried Okra Stuffed With Crabmeat And A Spicy Green Onion Dipping Sauce
Creole Spiced Blue Crabs With Green Onion Dipping Sauce
Crawfish Dumpling With A Ginger Soy Dipping Sauce