- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- 3 1/2 cups cooked medium or long-grain rice, at room temperature
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 2 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 2/3 cup sugar
- Pinch salt
- 2 teaspoons finely grated orange zest
- 1 1/4 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon ground fennel seeds
- In a bowl, place the raisins and cover with the water. Let sit until plumped, 5 minutes. Drain.
- In a skillet over medium heat, toast the almonds until golden and fragrant, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- In a large saucepan, combine the rice, milk, cream, sugar and salt. Bring to a simmer, stirring, over medium heat. Reduce the heat slightly to maintain a low simmer and cook uncovered, stirring frequently, until the mixture starts to thicken, about 30 minutes. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally to prevent the rice from sticking, until a spoon is just able to stand up in the pudding, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the raisins, almonds, and remaining ingredients.
Rice Pudding With Flaming Bananas
Rustic Rice Pudding
Rice Pudding With Rum Raisins And Sugared Almonds
Flambeed Bananas And Rice Pudding In Individual Crispy Tortilla Bowls
Feel Good Rice Pudding
Chicken Salad With Hoisin Sauce
Pot Roast Pasta Bolognese
Thai Green Curry Shrimp