- 1 pound firm-ripe Anjou pears, peeled, cored, and chopped
- 1 cup sweet late harvest Riesling, Muscat, Sauternes or Montbazillac
- 1/2 cup pear nectar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 4 large egg yolks
- 4 ounces Danish Blue, or other creamy blue cheese, rind removed and crumbled
- Pinch salt
- Toasted chopped walnuts
- Phyllo Cookies
- In a saucepan, combine the pears, wine, nectar, 2 tablespoons of sugar, and lemon juice. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer until the pears are tender and the liquid is reduced by 1/2. Puree in a food processor and transfer to a bowl to cool. Refrigerate until well chilled, at least 2 hours.
- In a medium saucepan, heat the cream to a gentle boil over medium heat. Remove from the heat.
- Beat the egg yolks in a medium bowl. Whisk 1/2 cup of the hot cream into the egg yolks. Whisking, gradually add the egg mixture to the hot cream. Return to medium-low heat and cook, whisking, until the mixture is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and strain through a fine mesh strainer into a clean bowl. Add the blue cheese and salt, and whisk until fairly smooth. Cover with plastic wrap, pressing down against the surface to keep a skin from forming. Refrigerate until well chilled, at least 2 hours.
- Whisk together the pear and cheese mixture and pour into the bowl of an ice cream machine. Freeze according to the manufacturer's instructions. Transfer to an airtight container and freeze until ready to serve.
- To serve, scoop the ice cream into bowls, 2 scoops per person. Drizzle with honey and sprinkle with chopped nuts. Place 2 phyllo cookies in the ice cream and serve.
Pear, Walnut And Blue Cheese Crumble
Flambeed Pears With An Ice Cream Poundcake Sandwich
Blueberry And Pear Torte With White Chocolate Ice Cream
Poached Pears With Port Syrup And Blue Cheese
Creole Cream Cheese And Praline Ice Cream
Blue Cheese Cheesecake With Baby Greens, Candied Walnuts And A Pear Vinaigrette
Blue Cheese And Brie Quesadillas With A Pear And Brown Sugar Compote
Jill's Fresh Pear And Maytag Farms Blue Cheese Salad With A Toasted Walnut Vinaigrette
Charlie Trotters Whole Roasted Figs With Goat's Cheese Ice Cream, Spicy Fig Sauce And Oatmeal Tuiles
Goat Cheese Ice Cream