- 1 pound catfish fillets
- 1 tablespoon Essence
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red hot pepper sauce
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill leaves
- 1 (1/4-ounce) packet unflavored gelatin
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- Thinly sliced lemons, garnish
- Sliced cucumbers, accompaniment
- Croutons, accompaniment
- Creole Mustard Sauce
- To smoke the catfish, prepare a stovetop home smoker according to the manufacturer's directions. Season the fish on both sides with the Essence.
- Place the fillets, skin side down, on the rack inside the home smoker. Place over medium heat (or as directed by the manufacturer) and cook until firm and flakes easily, 20 to 30 minutes, depending upon the size of the fillets. Remove from the heat and remove the fish from the smoker. Let sit until cool enough to handle.
- Line a terrine mold or loaf pan with plastic wrap and set aside.
- In a bowl, lightly whip the cream to soft peaks.
- In a large bowl, crumble the smoked fish. Add the horseradish, lemon juice, salt, and hot sauce, and stir to combine. Stir in the cream cheese, green onions, parsley, dill, and the whipped cream. Adjust the seasoning, to taste.
- In a small saucepan, combine the gelatin and white wine. Let sit for 3 minutes, then gently heat over low heat to dissolve the gelatin. Remove from the heat. Fold into the fish mixture. Spread into the prepared terrine and refrigerate until set, 6 hours or overnight.
- To serve, unwrap the terrine and place a platter or decorative plate on top. Invert and remove the mold. Remove the plastic wrap and discard. Garnish with lemon wedges and serve with sliced cucumbers and croutons for spreading. Serve as an hors d'oeuvre.
Catfish Sauce Piquante Served Over Giant Jalapeno Corn Muffins
Potato Crusted Catfish With Mirliton Lyonnaise
Catfish Beignets With Spicy Lemon Tartar Sauce
Crispy Catfish And Black Eyed Peas, Bacon And Caramelized Onion Relish With Fried Collard Greens
Pan Fried Catfish
Pan Fried Catfish With Tartar Sauce And Cornbread Salad
Pan Fried Pass Manchac Catfish With Spicy Tartar Sauce And Hush Puppies
Nashville Fried Catfish With Fried Pickles
Herb Crusted Catfish With Tomato Fennel Vinaigrette, And Andouille And Fava Bean Relish