- 1 1/3 cups ground almonds
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar, plus more for dusting
- 6 tablespoons Sauternes, Barsac or other sweet white wine
- 3 large egg whites
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and grease the paper. Set aside.
- In a bowl, mix together the almonds, 1 1/2 cups sugar, and wine.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff. Whisk into the almond mixture. Transfer to a saucepan and over the barest heat, whisk to dry slightly. Remove from the heat and let cool.
- When cool, spoon tablespoons of the mixture onto the prepared sheet and flatten slightly. Sprinkle lightly with powdered sugar. Bake until crisp on the top rack of the oven, 15 to 20 minutes. Do not let brown.
- Remove from the oven and lift one end of the paper. Pour a small glass of water under the paper. (The resulting steam will loosen the macaroons.) Let sit for 2 minutes, then remove to a rack to cool.
Chocolate And Macaroon Charlotte
Crawfish, Oysters And Scallops Bordelaise In Puff Pastry
Rib Steak, Bordeaux Style
Blue Cheese Mashed Potatoes
Porcini Mushrooms Bordeaux Style
Individual Custard And Macaroon Tartlets
Pastry For Crawfish Pies
Traditional Southern Biscuits