- 4 (6-ounce) Alaskan salmon fillets
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper, 1/8 teaspoon
- 1 Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored and cut into small dice
- 2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup hard cider
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 sticks (1/2 pound) cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- Herbed Potato Cakes
- American farmed caviar, as garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a baking sheet with the oil. Season both sides of the salmon fillets with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper and place on the baking sheet. Roast until the center is still slightly pink, about 10 minutes. Remove from the oven.
- Meanwhile, to make the Granny Smith apple butter sauce, in a medium saucepan, combine the diced apples, sugar, and hard cider. Cook over medium-high heat until the apples are translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the cream and cook until reduced by half, about 3 minutes. Add the butter several pieces at a time, whisking constantly to blend, and removing from the heat periodically to prevent the sauce from breaking. Add the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon white pepper and whisk to blend. Remove from the heat and cover to keep warm until ready to serve, stirring occasionally.
- Place 1 potato cake on each plate and top with a salmon fillet. Drizzle each portion with the apple butter. Top with 1/4 of the salmon and garnish with 1 teaspoon of the caviar. Serve immediately.
Pan Roasted Squab With Cherry Balsamic Sauce, Fried Sweet Potato And Beet Nests, And Haricot Verts
Lobster With A Champagne Butter Sauce, Spinach Parpadelle Noodles And Salmon Roe Caviar
Seared Scallops On Wilted Watercress With Champagne Butter Sauce, And Parmesan Crisps
Herbed Potato Cakes
Monster Herbed Veal Chops With Rosemary Potato Crisps And Roasted Shallot Sauce
Delmonico's Smoked Salmon And Brie Crepes With Herbsaint Butter Sauce And Crispy Spinach
Herbed Pan Roast Of Salmon With Warm Greens And Herb Vinaigrette
Paneed Pork Medallions With Herbed Spaetzle And Brown Butter Sauce
Seared Salmon Or Pan Fried Snapper With Saute Vegetables And A Drizzle Of Lemon Butter Sauce
Apple Bread Pudding With Hard Cider Sauce