- 6 rashers Irish bacon, chopped
- 2 small spring onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds kale, tough stems removed, leaves rinsed well and left damp, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Irish butter
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a large saute pan, cook the bacon over medium-high heat until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Drain off all but 2 tablespoons of fat from the pan.
- Return the pan to medium-high heat. Add the butter and when melted, add the onions and garlic, and cook, stirring, until soft, 3 minutes. Add the damp kale and stir to combine. Add the stock and stir. Cover, reduce the heat to medium-low, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the kale is tender, about 5 minutes. Uncover, add the cream and lemon juice, and increase the heat to medium-high. Cook, stirring occasionally, until most of the liquid has evaporated and the kale is very tender. Add the bacon and adjust the seasoning, to taste.
- Serve hot.
Baked Codfish With Irish Cheese Crust
Sauteed Ramps With Apple-smoked Bacon
Bacon Wrapped Monkfish With Beurre Rouge
Potato, Onion And Pea Champ
Bacon Braised Green Beans
Quinoa Mix With Sauteed Kale
Fettuccine with Peas and Bacon
Pork Medallions With Bacon, Onions And Apples
Oven Fried Potato And Sweet Potato Chips With Creamy Oven Cooked Bacon Dip
Potatoes With Bacon And Onions