- 3 tablespoons plus 5 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon fine dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon finely grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3 large egg yolks
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 large egg whites
- Pinch cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 cup lightly toasted pine nuts
- Wilted Spinach
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly butter 6 (3/4 cup/6-ounce) ramekins with 4 teaspoons of the butter. Combine the breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese and use to dust the bottoms and sides of each ramekin. Set inside a roasting pan large enough to hold the cups without touching. Lightly grease a baking sheet with 1 teaspoon of the butter and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the remaining 3 tablespoons of butter over medium heat. Add the shallots and cook until soft and fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the flour and cook, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon, until it thickens slightly and forms a light roux, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the milk, and bring to a boil. Simmer, whisking, until thick, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the heat. Add the egg yolks 1 at a time, whisking after each addition. Add the cheese, tarragon, salt, and pepper, and stir to incorporate.
- In a large bowl, beat the egg whites and cream of tartar until stiff peaks just form. Stir 1/4 of the egg whites into the egg yolk mixture. Gently fold the remaining egg whites into the yolks in 3 additions. Divide among the prepared custard cups and fill the roasting pan with warm water to come half way up the sides of the ramekins. Bake without opening the oven door until slightly puffed and golden brown, about 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and transfer to a wire rack. Let rest uncovered for 30 minutes. Run a thin, sharp knife around the edges of the ramekins to release the souffles. (Note: souffles can be covered at this point in plastic wrap and refrigerated overnight.)
- Increase the oven temperature to 425 degrees F. Bake the souffles until puffed and heated through, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from the oven.
- Add the dried cherries and pine nuts to the spinach and stir to combine. Divide the wilted spinach mixture among 6 salad plates. Arrange 1 souffle on each plate and serve.
Goat Cheese And Spinach Tart
Mini Goat Cheese Souffles In Tomato Shells
Fresh Spinach Salad With Tear Drop Tomatoes And Goat's Cheese
Warm Spinach Salad With A Fire-roasted Corn And Crispy Pancetta Dressing And Crumbled Goat's Cheese
Lasagna Of Fresh Spinach, Corn And Crab With A Goat's Cheese Sauce
Spinach Salad With Andouille Dressing And Three Nut Crusted Goat's Cheese
Goat Cheese Gnocchi And Warm Spinach Salad With Caramelized Onion And Andouille Vinaigrette
Popeyeís Fresh Spinach And Goat Cheese Strudels
Pecan Crusted Duck Confit And Wilted Spinach Salad