- 1 1/2 cups shelled squash or pumpkin seeds
- 4 medium tomatillos (about 1 cup), husked and quartered
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped yellow onions
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 1 pound potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 pound green beans, cut diagonally into 1-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- In a large, dry skillet, toast 1 cup of the seeds over medium-low heat until golden and fragrant, about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove and let cool. Add the tomatillos, onions and garlic to the skillet and cook over medium-low heat until the skins are slightly charred, 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat and let cool slightly.
- In a medium pot, combine the potatoes and 1 teaspoon salt with enough water, to cover. Bring to a boil and simmer until tender. Drain.
- In a second pot, combine the green beans and remaining teaspoon of salt in water to cover. Bring to a boil and simmer until tender. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup of liquid.
- To make the sauce, pulse the roasted squash seeds in a blender or food processor. Add the tomatillo mixture and the 1/4 cup of the reserved string bean cooking liquid. Puree on high speed until smooth, adding more reserved cooking liquid as needed. Season, to taste, with pepper and cayenne. Strain the sauce through a medium strainer.
- Combine the cooked potatoes and green beans in a bowl. Toss with the sauce and remaining 1/2 cup of nuts, and refrigerate for 1 hour before serving. Serve chilled.
Watercress And Shoots Salad With Toasted Flax Seeds, Fresh Berries, Oka Cheese Croutons And Flax Seed Oil Vinaigrette
Florida Grouper With Tomatillo Sauce, Florida Orange Mango Salsa, Lump Crabmeat Guacamole, And Fried Yucca Chips
Cornmeal Crusted Redfish With A Spicy Red Bean Sauce, Grilled Green Onions Coulis, Homemade Andouille Sausage And Southern Style Hush Puppies
Seared Scallops On Wilted Watercress With Champagne Butter Sauce, And Parmesan Crisps
Pan Roasted Squab With Cherry Balsamic Sauce, Fried Sweet Potato And Beet Nests, And Haricot Verts
Roasted Alaskan Salmon With Granny Smith Apple Butter Sauce, And Herbed Potato Cakes
Warm Chocolate Praline Tart With Caramel, Chocolate Sauce, And Vanilla Ice Cream
Barbecued Pulled Pork Sandwiches With Homemade Bbq Sauce, Cole Slaw And Fried Pickles
Roasted Acorn Squash Salad With Maple Syrup Dressing