- 1 1/2 cups packed cilantro leaves, stems removed, leaves rinsed and patted dry
- 3/4 cup packed mint leaves, stems removed, leaves rinsed and patted dry
- 1/2 cup toasted macadamia nuts, plus finely chopped toasted macadamia nuts, for garnish
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pinch cayenne
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 4 (6-ounce) Ono (Wahoo) or Opakapaka (pink snapper) fillets
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 6 won ton wrappers, cut in strips, for garnish
- 6 ounces mesclun lettuce, rinsed and spun dry
- 1 papaya, peeled, seeded, and finely diced
- Asian Vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup julienne red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup julienne Maui onions
- Chopped green onions, garnish
- To make the pesto, in a blender or food processor, combine the cilantro, mint, nuts, ginger, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and cayenne. Process on high speed. Scrape down the sides.
- With the machine running, slowly add 1/4 cup of the canola oil in a steady stream to form a thick paste. (If too tight, add slightly more oil, 2 teaspoons at a time with the machine running.) Scrape down the sides and process again. Adjust seasoning, to taste. Place the fish in a large baking dish and smear both sides with the pesto. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- In a large skillet, heat the sesame oil over medium-high heat. Add the won ton strips and fry until crisp. Remove and drain on paper towels.
- Heat the remaining 1/4 cup canola oil in a large non-stick skillet over high heat until hot but not smoking. (Or, if using 2 skillets, use 2 tablespoons per pan.) Remove the fish from the refrigerator and pat the pesto sauce firmly onto both sides, adding more if necessary. Add the fish fillets to the pan in batches to prevent overcrowding and cook until crusted on both sides and the fish is just cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- In a large bowl, toss the greens with the papaya and Asian Vinaigrette to coat. Place papaya and greens on each of 4 plates Arrange the bell peppers and onions in the center of each serving and drizzle with a small amount of the dressing. Remove fillets from the pan and place 1 on each plate on top of the greens. Garnish each portion with the fried won ton wrappers, chopped nuts, and green onions, and serve.
Mixed Baby Greens With Fig Vinaigrette
Salad Of Fresh Watercress With Baby Tomatoes And A Sherry Vinaigrette
Baby Romaine Stuffed Vidalia Onion Ring Salad with Lemon-Herb Vinaigrette
Pepper-crusted Tuna Salad With Sesame Vinaigrette And Fresh Wasabi Leaves
Prosciutto, Brie, And Pear Sandwiches With Mixed Green Salad And Lardon Vinaigrette
Baby Greens Tossed With A Chardonay Hazelnut Vinaigrette, Roasted Hazelnuts And Goat Cheese
Blue Cheese Cheesecake With Baby Greens, Candied Walnuts And A Pear Vinaigrette
Pecan Crusted Mozzarella With Baby Greens
Grilled Spiny Lobster Tails, Baby Spinach-jicama Salad And Orange-cilantro Vinaigrette
Hazelnut, Goat Cheese, And Baby Greens Salad With Hazelnut Chardonnay Dressing