- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground red chilies
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (2 to 2 1/2-pound) pork loin
- 1/4 cup corn oil
- 1 cup chopped white onions
- 2 poblano peppers, roasted, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 3 plum tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and roughly chopped
- 10 ounces tomatillos, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup tequila
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Cilantro Oil
- In a bowl, mix together the sugar, chilies, salt, oregano, thyme, and pepper. Rub evenly onto the pork, cover, and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Remove from the refrigerator and let meat come to room temperature.
- Heat the oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add the pork and sear until the meat is browned on all sides. Remove the meat from the pan. Add the onions, peppers, and garlic, and cook, stirring, until soft, about 3 minutes. Add the tomatoes, tomatillos, and bay leaf, and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the lime juice, tequila, and cilantro, stir well, and bring to a boil. Return the meat to the pan. Lower the heat, cover, and simmer until the meat is tender, 45 minutes, stirring and basting occasionally. Remove from the heat. Transfer the pork to a platter and tent to keep warm.
- Transfer the contents of the pan to a blender and puree on high speed. Return to the cooking pan and cook until thickened. Adjust seasoning, to taste.
- Spoon the sauce onto a platter. Carve the meat and arrange on top of the sauce. Drizzle with the cilantro oil and serve immediately.
Orange, Cumin, And Cilantro Grilled Pork Loin
Paneed Pork Loin And Mashed Root Vegetables With A Roasted Cipollini And Field Pea Relish
Garlic Roasted Pork Loin With Raspberry Chipotle Glaze
Sayoudeiah: Lebanese Fried Fish With Tarator Sauce And Rice
Roasted Portuguese Pork Loin with Homemade Pimenta Moida
Roasted Pork Loin With Bacon And Onion Spatzle
Roast Pork Loin with Rosemary
Stuffed Loin Of Pork ìcuba Libreî
Roasted Veal Loin Stuffed With Fontina Cheese And Truffles With A Mushroom Sauce