- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, beaten lightly
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup Basic Sourdough Starter
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 to 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, greasing the pan
- 1 1/4 cups fresh blueberries
- Butter, accompaniment
- Syrup, accompaniment
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, starter, melted butter, and vanilla until well blended. Add the dry ingredients, and stir just until combined, adding more milk, 1 teaspoon at a time, if necessary to bring the batter to the thickness of heavy cream. Be careful not to overmix, and don't worry if batter is slightly lumpy.
- Lightly grease a large, heavy griddle or skillet with vegetable oil and heat over medium-high heat. Pour about 1/4 cup of batter onto the griddle for each pancake, allowing space for spreading. As the topsides start to bubble, about 1 minute, sprinkle blueberries into each pancake. When the undersides of the pancakes are golden and the blueberries are set, flip with a wide spatula. Cook until golden brown, 1 to 1/2 minutes. Cook over break. Serve immediately with fresh butter and syrup.
Buttermilk And Lemon Scented Pancakes With A Warm Blueberry Syrup
Basic Sourdough Starter
Potato Water Sourdough Starter
Basic Sourdough Bread
Corn And Goat Cheese Chili Con Queso With Sourdough Cornbread
Lemon-scented Blueberry Pancakes
Emeril's Warm Peach Pancakes With Vanilla Bean Ice Cream And A Drizzle Of Warm Caramel Sauce
Giant Apple Pecan Pancake