- 6 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 envelopes (3/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 cups warm water (about 110 degrees F.)
- 5 1/2 cups bread flour (or more as needed)
- 3 teaspoons fine salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Lightly oil a large bowl with 1 teaspoon of the oil and set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the yeast, sugar, water, and 2 tablespoons of the oil, stir and let sit until foamy, about 5 minutes. Add the flour and the fine salt, and mix on low speed until the dough comes together and forms a ball, 2 to 3 minutes. Increase the speed to medium and mix for 8 minutes. If the dough is still sticky, continue mixing and gradually add the remaining 1/4 cup flour.
- Form into a ball and place in the prepared bowl. Cover with plastic wrap or a kitchen towel, and let rest in a warm, draft-free place until doubled in size, 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Grease a 9 by 13-inch baking sheet with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Turn the dough out onto the baking sheet, pressing evenly across the bottom of the pan. Cover with plastic wrap and set in a warm, draft-free place until it rises until nearly doubled, 30 minutes to 1 hour. With your fingertips, make dimples in the dough at 3-inch intervals. Drizzle with the remaining 3 tablespoons of oil and sprinkle with the rosemary and kosher salt. Bake on the lower oven rack until just golden brown, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and using a spatula, lift from the baking sheet and cool on a wire rack before cutting into squares or other desired shapes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Roast Beef, Arugula, And Blue Cheese Sandwiches On Homemade Rosemary Focaccia Bread With Roasted Red Bell Pepper Dressing
Brown Sugar Shortbread Cookies
Caramelized Onion Focaccia
Caramelized Onion, Rosemary And Fresh Tomato Bread
Grape, Stilton, And Walnut Focaccia
Tomato And Fresh Mozzarella Focaccia
Grape, Stilton And Walnut Focaccia
Rosemary Shortbread Cookies