- 4 (2-ounce) crottins Chavignol, or other French goat cheese
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- 1/2 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
- 1/4 teaspoon dried lavender blossoms
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups olive oil
- Edible flowers, such as pansies or nasturtiums, garnish
- Minced fresh soft herbs, such as parsley, dill or tarragon, garnish
- Homemade Croutons
- Place the cheeses in a sealable 2-cup jar. Add the thyme, garlic, pepper, lavender, and salt, and top with oil to cover completely.
- Let stand for 48 hours in the refrigerator before serving.
- Bring to room temperature. Transfer to a platter or plates and garnish, if desired with edible flowers or herbs. Serve with homemade croutons or crackers, or crumbled into salads.
Leek And Goat-cheese Cake With Marinated Lentils
Marinated Goat Cheeses
Marinated Roasted Peppers With Goat Cheese
Roast Beef, Arugula, And Blue Cheese Sandwiches On Homemade Rosemary Focaccia Bread With Roasted Red Bell Pepper Dressing
Marinated Cherry Peppers Stuffed With Homemade Goat Cheese Served With A Prosciutto And Arugula Salad
Goat Cheese Fondue On Country Style Bread
Herbed Goat Cheese And Proscuitto Shrimp
Smoked Ham Hock And Goat's Cheese Dumplings
Herbed Goat Cheese
Fallen Goat Cheese Souffles On Wilted Spinach