- 1 1/2 cups fresh lime juice
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup rice syrup (available in Asian markets), or honey
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons minced ginger
- 3 cups grated peeled daikon radish
- 3 cups grated peeled carrots
- 2 long French bread baguettes, about 30-inches each
- 5 Baked Catfish fillets
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, stems trimmed
- 3 jalapeno or serrano chile peppers, thinly sliced
- In a blender, mix the lime juice, soy sauce, rice syrup, vegetable and sesame oils, garlic, and ginger on high speed for 10 seconds.
- In a bowl, combine the radishes and carrots with 1/2 cup of the lime juice mixture. Toss and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Cut each baguette in half lengthwise without cutting all the way through. Scoop out about 1/2-inch of the soft dough inside both sides of the bread. Spread each side with the lime juice mixture and top with the baked catfish. Drain the shredded vegetables and arrange on top of the fish. Lay the cilantro and peppers over the vegetables. Cover with the top piece of bread, pressing down to seal. Slice each sandwich on the bias into 2-inch thick pieces, getting about 15 mini-sandwiches per baguette.