- 1 large egg*
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions (scallions), green tops only
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- Place the egg, lemon juice, Parmesan, green onions, garlic, buttermilk, salt, and pepper in the bowl of a food processor and process on high speed for 30 seconds.
- With the motor running, add the oil through the feed tube in a slow, steady stream and process until it forms an emulsion.
- *RAW EGG WARNING The American Egg Board states: "There have been warnings against consuming raw or lightly cooked eggs on the grounds that the egg may be contaminated with Salmonella, a bacteria responsible for a type of foodborne illness. Healthy people need to remember that there is a very small risk and treat eggs and other raw animal foods accordingly. Use only properly refrigerated, clean, sound-shelled, fresh, grade AA or A eggs. Avoid mixing yolks and whites with the shell."
Buttermilk Marinated Fried Chicken Salad With Buttermilk Parmesan Dressing
Buttermilk Praline Ice Cream With Flambeed Peaches
Fried Oyster Salad With Pernod Buttermilk Dressing
Emeril's Taco Salad With A Roasted Poblano Buttermilk Dressing
Spinach And Mandarin Orange Salad With Buttermilk Herb Dressing
Smoked Eel, Smoked Sturgeon, And Choupique Caviar Salad With Dilled Buttermilk Dressing
Warm Grilled Potato And Fennel Salad With Herbed Buttermilk Dressing
Buttermilk Cornbread Dressing
Dilled Buttermilk Dressing