- 1/4 cup chopped garlic
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons crushed red pepper
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1 (3 pound) chicken
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Combine the garlic, parsley, red pepper, salt, and onion in a food processor and puree. With the machine running, add the olive oil through the feed tube and process until smooth. Set aside.
- With a sharp knife or poultry shears, remove the backbone from the chicken and discard. Lay the chicken on a flat surface, breast side up, and press down in the center of the breasts to flatten. Season with salt, pepper, and Essence. Place the chicken in a roasting pan, breast side up, and cover with the garlic schmear. Rub the schmear in well with your hands to coat evenly.
- Place in the oven and roast for 10 to 15 minutes. Turn the chicken over and roast for 10 more minutes. Turn the chicken over again and roast another 10 minutes, or until the juices run clear. Remove from the oven and cover with foil. Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Garlic Schmeared Rosemary Roasted Chicken
Emeril's Garlic Schmeared Rosemary Roast Chicken
Roast Garlic Chicken And Vegetables
Oven-Roasted Chicken With Garlic Rosemary Smear
Herb Encrusted Roast Leg Of Lamb With Garlic Roasted Baby Potatoes
Chicken With 40 Cloves Of Garlic And Grilled Radicchio
Braised Chicken With Garlic And Cerignola Olives
Tuna Au Poivre With Roasted Garlic And Corn Mashed Potatoes
Emeril's Grilled Cowboy Steak With Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Fried Oysters And A Drizzle Of Homemade Worcestershire Sauce
Crabmeat Stuffed Pompano With Roasted Baby Leeks And A Parsley Garlic Butter Sauce