- 1 1/2 cups cooked and drained chickpeas
- 1/2 cup finely chopped yellow onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, or water
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 cups vegetable oil, for frying
- Warm pita bread, split in 1/2 lengthwise
- Tahini Sauce
- Sliced tomatoes
- Shredded lettuce
- Combine the chickpeas, onions, parsley, lemon juice, garlic, coriander, cumin, salt, turmeric, and cayenne in the bowl of a food processor. Process on high speed until it forms a smooth paste, scraping the sides of the bowl as needed. Transfer to a bowl and add the baking powder and flour. Adjust the seasoning, to taste. Refrigerate until firm, about 20 minutes.
- Heat the oil to 360 degrees F. in a deep pot over medium-high heat.
- With damp hands, shape the chickpea batter into balls about 1 1/2 tablespoons each and then flatten into patties. Fry in batches until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- Open the pita bread halves and insert 2 or 3 falafel patties into each. Drizzle with the tahini sauce and layer the tomatoes and lettuce on top. Serve immediately.
Hummus Bi Tahini (chickpea Spread With Sesame Seed Pasta)
Slow Cooked White Beans With Pan Fried Pork Chops And Caramelized Onions
Vanilla Ice Cream With Sweet Red Bean Paste
Fried Oyster Poor Boys With Homemade Bbq Sauce And A Crunchy Blue Cheese Slaw
Edamame (japanese Soybeans Cooked In The Pod)
Emeril's Favorite Chinese Green Beans
Slow Cooked White Beans