- 4 cups mesclun greens
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallots
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup blood orange juice (regular orange juice can be substituted)
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 cup melted unsalted butter, or clarified butter
- 1 teaspoon pureed chipotle in adobo
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp, peeled, butterflied tail-on
- 1 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 1/2 cups panko crumbs
- Hollandaise: In a small saucepan, combine the shallots, white wine, and orange juice. Bring to a boil and cook until reduced to 2 tablespoons. Remove from the heat and cool.
- In the top of a double boiler, or in a metal bowl fitted over a pot, over simmering water, whisk the egg yolks and reduced wine until ribbons start to form. Whisking constantly, drizzle in the melted butter a bit at a time until is added and an emulsion forms. Remove from the heat. Add the orange juice, chipotle, and lemon juice and whisk to incorporate. Adjust seasoning, to taste, with salt and pepper. Cover and keep warm until ready to serve.
- Shrimp: Preheat the fryer to 360 degrees F.
- Season the flour with Essence. Beat the eggs together with the milk and season with essence. Dredge the shrimp in the flour, shaking off any excess. Dip the shrimp in the egg wash and then the panko crumbs. Fry until golden brown and cooked through.
- Serve fried shrimp on a bed of greens, drizzled with hollandaise.
Nutty Ice Cream Cake With Caramel Sauce And Toffee Bits
Fried Rock Shrimp With Two Remoulade Sauces
Saute Of Shrimp Over Fried Green Tomatoes With Warm Remoulade Sauce
Chef Neal's Baby Back Ribs With Orange Chipotle Glaze
Fried Cinnamon Ice Cream With Chipotle Chocolate Sauce
Hearts Of Palm Salad With Vine Ripened Tomatoes, Oranges, Bibb Lettuce, Shaved Fennel, And Fried Soft Shell Crabs With Cucumber Yogurt Dressing
Coconut Beer Battered Shrimp With Mango Orange Chutney
Rick's Chipotle Shrimp
Orange Galettes Layered With A Citrus Cream And A Drizzle Of Caramel Sauce
Wasabi Crusted Salmon With Orange Ginger Sauce