- 3 dried pasilla chiles
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 1/2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped white onions
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped fresh cilantro, plus more for garnish
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped fresh parsley
- 1 3/4 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- Heat a heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chilies and toast 2 at a time to blister the skin, turning, about 30 seconds. Remove from the heat and soak in a bowl of water until soft, about 15 minutes. Remove the stems, skins, and seeds, and discard. Roughly chop the chiles.
- In a medium saucepan, heat 1 1/2 teaspoons of the oil over medium-high heat. Add the onions and chiles and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes. Add the garlic, cumin, salt, cilantro and parsley, and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Remove from the heat and transfer to a blender with 1/2 cup of the stock. Process on high speed until smooth.
- Heat the remaining tablespoon of oil in the pan over medium heat. Add the rice and cook, stirring, until translucent, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the puree and cook, stirring, to evaporate most of the liquid, about 2 minutes. Add the remaining stock, stir and cover, and lower the heat to medium-low. Simmer without stirring, until the rice is tender and the liquid is absorbed, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from the heat and let sit without stirring for 10 to 15 minutes. Fluff with a fork and serve, garnished with additional cilantro.
Herb Stuffed Roasted Chicken With Reduced Pan Gravy, And Herbed Rice Pilaf With Peas
Herbed Rice Pilaf With Peas
Hickory-smoked Pork Chops With Braised Greens And Green Onion Rice Pilaf
Poblano Pepper-cilantro Rice
Mexican Chipotle Crema
Wiener Schnitzel Mit Reis Und Grunen Erserln, Mayonnaise (vienna Schnitzel With Rice, Green Peas And† Mayonnaise)
Fish Tacos With Chipotle Crema And Salsa Fresca
Warm Grilled Potato And Fennel Salad With Herbed Buttermilk Dressing