- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup chopped yellow onions (1 medium yellow onion)
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic (2 cloves garlic)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (28-ounce) can whole peeled tomatoes
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 4 1/2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- In a medium, heavy pot, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onions, garlic, salt, basil, oregano and black pepper, and cook, stirring, until soft, 5 minutes.
- Place the tomatoes in a large bowl and squeeze to break into small pieces. Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, water, and sugar to the pot and stir well. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat.
- Lower the heat to medium-low, and simmer uncovered for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally with a heavy wooden spoon.
Basic Red Sauce
Marinated Chicken And Vegetable Skewers With Creamy Italian Dressing
Kicked Up Stuffed Garlic Bread
Emeril's White Chocolate Chip Brownie Ice Cream Sandwiches With Marshmallow Icing
Best Basic Red Sauce
Emeril's Basic Tomato Sauce
Black Pepper Crusted Sea Scallops With A Crab Meat And Fiddlehead Fern Relish With Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
Red Mole Sauce