- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 teaspoons Essence
- 8 ounces button mushrooms, wiped clean and stems trimmed
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled and cubed into 8ths
- 1 large green or red bell pepper, stem end trimmed, seeds removed, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 large zucchini, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 pound mixed greens, for serving
- FOR THE CREAMY ITALIAN DRESSING:
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons minced yellow onions
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic, plus 2 teaspoons
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon Essence
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 6 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons finely grated Parmesan
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Place the parsley, onions, basil, garlic, oregano, thyme, essence and the vinegar in a blender or food processor. With the motor running, add the olive oil, the heavy cream, mayonnaise, and cheese, and blend until smooth. Adjust seasoning to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer half to a decorative bowl.
- Place the chicken in a large glass bowl and toss with 2 teaspoons of the Essence. Pour the remaining dressing over the chicken and toss to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- If using wooden skewers, soak in water for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Place the oven rack in the top position. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Remove the chicken from the refrigerator and pat dry with paper towels. Thread one chicken cube onto a skewer, followed by a mushroom, a piece of bell pepper, a cherry tomato, zucchini and a chunk of onion. Continue threading ingredients onto the skewer, until full. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Place the filled skewers on the baking sheet. Bake until the chicken is cooked through and brown, 10 to 12 minutes. Remove the baking sheet from the oven. Place greens on a large platter. Hold one end of each skewer with an oven mitt, with a fork push the chicken and vegetables from the skewer onto the platter. Serve with the Creamy Italian Dressing.
Bob Marley's Reggae: Jerk Marinated Chicken† Breast Skewers, Chargrilled And Served With Creamy Cucumber Dipping Sauce And Yuca Fries
Buttermilk Marinated Fried Chicken Salad with Buttermilk Parmesan Green Onion Dressing
Savory Crepes with Creamy Chicken, Ham and Mushroom Filling
Braised Chicken With Garlic And Cerignola Olives
Tempura Chicken Fingers With Plum Sauce And Ginger Stir Fried Vegetables
Roast Chicken And Vegetables With Gremolata Butter
Island Shrimp And Pineapple Skewers With Rum Butter Sauce
Spinach And Endive Salad With Pickled Beets And Eggs, And Creamy Dressing
Seared Chile Marinated Breast Of Chicken With Mole Cream Sauce And Tamarind Glaze