- 12 chicken thighs
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 heads garlic, cloves separated and peeled
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 cups white wine
- 3 lemons, quartered
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- Spaghetti Bordelaise
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the chicken in a large bowl and lightly coat with salt, pepper, and cayenne.
- Crush half of the garlic cloves with the back of a heavy knife. Leave the remaining cloves whole.
- Heat 1/2 cup of the oil in a roasting pan large enough to hold the chicken in 1 layer, over 2 burners over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and sear on both sides. Add the crushed garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Remove from the heat and add the remaining ingredients, stirring well to evenly distribute. Cover the pan tightly and roast for 1 hour. Uncover and roast until the chicken is brown and tender, and the garlic is caramelized, about 30 minutes, basting occasionally.
- Remove from the oven. Transfer the chicken to a platter and sprinkle with the parsley. Spoon the pan juices over the chicken, or serve on the side.
Crawfish Stuffed Filet Mignon With Crawfish Bordelaise Sauce
Albuquerque Roast Chicken With Black Bean Chili, Guacamole, And Fried Tortilla Strips
Chicken Fricassee With Fried Polenta
Chicken Pockets Stuffed With Goat Cheese, Chorizo, And Pine Nuts On A Bed Of Southern Style Black Eye Peas
Paneed Chicken With Creamed Garlic Potatoes And Braised Kale
Pine Nut Crusted Chicken With Roasted Poblano Sauce
Piri Piri Chicken With Jicama Orange Salad
Stuffed Chicken Legs In Pastry With Andouille Cream
Tender Roast Chicken With Chestnut Corn Bread Dressing