- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 1/4 cup tomato concasse (tomatoes peeled, seeded, and cut into strips)
- 1/4 cup sliced scallion greens
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 cup vodka
- 1 cup fish stock
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 ounces gemelli
- 1 tablespoon very finely grated Parmesan
- 1/2 pound smoked salmon, sliced thinly and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chiffonade fresh basil
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add the onions and cook, stirring, until soft, about 3 minutes. Add the tomato, scallion greens, and garlic and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the vodka. Return to the heat and flame. When the flame dies out, add the fish stock. Bring to a boil and reduce by 50 percent in volume. Add the cream, salt, and pepper, and cook until reduced by 50 percent in volume.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a pot of boiling salted water until al dente. Drain in a colander.
- Add the pasta to the cream sauce and toss to coat. Add the cheese, salmon, and herbs, and remove from the heat. Toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Delmonico's Smoked Salmon And Brie Crepes With Herbsaint Butter Sauce And Crispy Spinach
Poached Salmon With Creamy Ravigote Sauce
Potato And Watercress Soup With Crisp Potato Pancakes And Smoked Salmon
Bob Marley's Reggae: Jerk Marinated Chicken† Breast Skewers, Chargrilled And Served With Creamy Cucumber Dipping Sauce And Yuca Fries
Cold Pasta Salad With Smoked Salmon, Cucumbers And Salmon Roe
Stuffed Roasted Veal Roast With A Spicy Tomato Sauce And Creamy Pasta
Crawfish Stuffed Veal Chops With Crawfish Marchand De Vin Sauce And Creamy White Cheddar Cheese Grits
Smoked Salmon Souffles With Dilly Egg Sauce And Caviar
Venison Medallions With A Smoked Bacon And White Bean Ragout With A Creole Mustard Sauce
Seared Salmon With A Wild Mushroom And White Bean Ragout And A Merlot Reduction Sauce