- 1 cup soy sauce
- 3/4 cup finely chopped yellow onions
- 1/3 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons sriracha (hot red pepper chili paste)
- 2 tablespoons white sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh gingerroot
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 12 skin-on chicken thighs (about 3 1/2 pounds), or drummettes
- Honeyed Apple-Cabbage Slaw
- In a large bowl, combine soy sauce, onions, rice wine vinegar, honey, cilantro, sriracha, sesame seeds, ginger, garlic and sesame oil, and stir well to combine. Place the chicken in a large plastic bag or baking dish and cover with the marinade. Toss to combine and place in the refrigerator, turning frequently, to marinate at least 6 hours.
- Preheat the grill to medium and the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade, reserving the marinade. Pat the chicken dry, and grill the chicken, skin-side up, until browned, about 10 minutes. Meanwhile, place the leftover marinade in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Lower the heat to medium and simmer until slightly thick, about 10 minutes.
- Turn the chicken, and grill until the skin is browned and crispy, about 5 minutes. Transfer the chicken skin-side up to a roasting pan and roast, basting with the marinade occasionally, until cooked through, about 10 to 15 minutes more.
- Arrange the chicken on a platter, and spoon the reduced marinade on top. Serve with the Honeyed Apple-Cabbage Slaw.
Honeyed Date Nut Muffins With Orange Honey Butter
Orange Honey Butter
Honeyed Apple Cabbage Slaw
Rolled Honey And Lemon Three Nut Baklava
Honey-butter Baked Chicken With Mashed Sweet Potatoes
Asian Spicy Barbecue Chicken
Garlic Mojito Sorbet With Spicy Honey Garlic Brittle
Chicken En Papillote With Spicy Carrot Jus
Spicy Chicken With Cashews
Backyard Barbecued Chicken With Homemade BBQ Sauce