- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons finely grated fresh lemon zest
- 5 large egg yolks
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon limoncello, or other lemon-flavored liqueur, or grappa
- In a medium, heavy saucepan, bring the cream, half-and-half, sugar, and zest to a boil, stirring occasionally until the sugar is melted. Remove from the heat.
- In a medium bowl, beat the egg yolks until thick and pale, about 2 minutes. In a slow stream, whisking constantly, add about 1 cup of the hot cream mixture to the egg yolks. Beat until well incorporated. Return the yolk mixture to the saucepan with the hot cream and bring to a bare simmer. Cook until a thick custard forms, and the mixture reaches 170 degrees on an instant-read thermometer, about 6 minutes. Remove from the heat and strain through a fine-mesh strainer into a clean container. Stir in the lemon juice and limoncello, and cover with plastic wrap, pressing down against the custard to prevent a skin from forming. Refrigerate until well-chilled, about 2 hours.
- Transfer to an ice-cream maker and process according to the manufacturer's instructions. Transfer to an airtight plastic container and freeze until ready to serve.
Anise Biscotti With Lemon Ice Cream
Fresh Lemon And Lavender Ice Cream With Almond Butter Cookies
Fresh Coconut Cake With A Lemon Cream Cheese Filling And Boiled Icing
Seafood And Sausage With Essence Cream Sauce
Emeril's White Chocolate Chip Brownie Ice Cream Sandwiches With Marshmallow Icing
Lemon Pound Cake With Lemon Pastry Cream
Chocolate Buttermilk Cake with Fudge Icing and Chicory Coffee Ice Cream
Bourbon Chocolate Pecan Pie with Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
Creole Cream Cheese And Praline Ice Cream
Berry Ice Cream Pie With Coconut Whipped Cream