- 4 venison medallions, about 8 ounces each
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- Celery Root-Pear Puree
- Season the venison on both sides with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the venison and cook until brown, about 3 minutes per side. Remove from the heat and cover to keep warm.
- Add the butter and shallots to the pan and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add the vinegar and stir to deglaze the pan, about 1 minute. Add any juices that have run off from the venison and stir to incorporate. Remove from the heat and adjust seasoning, to taste.
- Divide the Celery Root-Pear Puree among 4 serving plates and top each with a venison medallion. Pour the balsamic reduction over the venison and serve.
Celery Root Pear Puree
Venison Medallions With A Smoked Bacon And White Bean Ragout With A Creole Mustard Sauce
Cinnamon Smoked Venison Medallions With Bourbon Mash Sweet Potatoes And A Caramelized Onion Gravy
Pistachio And Pine Nut Crusted Rack Of Venison With Wild Mushroom And Bacon Bread Pudding And A Cherry-sage Reduction Sauce
Pork Medallions With Pears And Spaghetti Squash
Seared Venison Chops With Elderberry Reduction, Garlic Mashed Yukon Gold Potatoes, And Sauteed Baby Spinach
Seared Magret Duck Breasts With Duck Fat, Pan-roasted Fingerling Potatoes, Haricots Verts And A Balsamic Cherry Reduction
Venison Medallions With Bacon And White Bean Ragout And Creole Mustard Sauce
Emeril's Braised Celery Root With Grilled Millbrook Venison Chops And Celery Root Mash
Garlic Studded Loin Of Venison With A Berry Reduction