- 3 cups sweet sparkling wine
- 2 envelopes powdered unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup super-fine sugar
- 1 tablespoon strained fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups red raspberries
- 2 cups white raspberries
- Fresh sprigs of mint, for garnish
- Pour 1 cup of the wine into a small saucepan. Sprinkle in the gelatin and let sit until the gelatin is soft, about 2 to 3 minutes. Heat gently over medium heat, stirring very gently, until the gelatin is completely dissolved. Add the sugar and lemon juice, and continue cooking, stirring very gently, until the sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat and cool to room temperature.
- Add the remaining wine, stirring just to combine. Let stand 5 minutes, then skim any foam from the surface. Refrigerate, stirring occasionally, until beginning to thicken, about 15 minutes.
- Arrange about one-third to one-half of the berries across the bottom of a decorative 8-cup mold. Pour in half of the gelatin mixture and refrigerate until just set, about 40 minutes to 1 hour. Gently heat the remaining gelatin mixture to soften. Add another layer of berries and top with the remaining gelatin. Refrigerate until completely set, at least 6 hours or overnight.
- To serve, place the bottom half of the mold in hot water for about 20 seconds. Invert a serving platter over the bottom of the mold, and holding the edges, flip the mold right side-up. Shake gently to release the gelee onto the platter. Garnish with mint leaves and the remaining berries.
- Cook with: Asti Spumante Pair with: Veauve Cliquot Demi-sec
Duck Breasts With Cherries And Rose Sparkling Wine Reduction With Nutty Wild Rice
New Zealand Sparkling Wine Cocktail
White Or Red Wine Cooler
Sparkling Rose Sangria
Emeril's Ruby Red Rocket Cocktail
Oranges With Red Wine Syrup And Orange Pound Cake
Salmon With Beurre Rouge And Red Wine Braised Endive
Venetian Spritz With Prosecco, Aperol And Blood Orange Juice
Mint Juleps And Pimm's Cup