- 1 head red leaf lettuce, separated into leaves, rinsed and patted dry, torn into large pieces
- 1 head Bibb lettuce, separated into leaves, rinsed and patted dry, torn into large pieces
- 8 ounces fresh button mushrooms, wiped dry, stems trimmed, and thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced shallot rings
- 1/2 pint yellow grape tomatoes, well rinsed
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- In a large salad bowl, toss together the red leaf and Bibb lettuces. Add the sliced mushrooms, shallot rings, and tomatoes.
- To make the dressing, in a small bowl or measuring cup, whisk together the honey, mustard and vinegar. Slowly add the oil in a steady stream, and whisk until all the oil is added and the mixture is emulsified. Add the salt and whisk together. Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Toss the salad with the dressing, to taste, adding about 1 tablespoon at a time. Sprinkle with pepper, and serve immediately.
Baby Lettuces And Cayenne Roasted Peanuts With Creole Honey Mustard Vinaigrette, And Homemade White Cheddar Crackers
Honey-butter Baked Chicken With Mashed Sweet Potatoes
Fried Crawfish Salad With Mirliton Relish And A Creole Mustard Dressing
Chilled Stone Crab Claws With A Hearts Of Palm Salad And Honey Tangerine Gastrique
Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce
Sunday Dinner Pork Roast With Mushroom Gravy
Salad With Avocado Dressing And Pont L'eveque Dressing
Honeyed Date Nut Muffins With Orange Honey Butter
Hearts Of Palm Salad With Vine Ripened Tomatoes, Oranges, Bibb Lettuce, Shaved Fennel, And Fried Soft Shell Crabs With Cucumber Yogurt Dressing
Warm Pea Shoot And Rock Shrimp Salad With Hoisin Dressing And Crispy Wontons