- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1/2 vanilla bean, split lengthwise and seeds scraped
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated orange zest
- 6 large egg yolks
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange-flavored liqueur
- n a medium saucepan, bring the half-and-half, vanilla bean and vanilla seeds, and orange zest to a simmer over medium-high heat. Remove from the heat and discard the vanilla bean.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and sugar until thick and ribbons form, about 3 minutes. Gradually whisk in about 3/4 cup of the hot half-and-half, and whisk until well incorporated. Add the egg mixture to the saucepan with the remaining half-and-half and cook, stirring, over medium heat, until it forms a thick custard, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and strain into a clean bowl set in an ice bath to chill quickly. Add the orange flavored liqueur and stir to combine.
- Cover with plastic wrap, pressing down on the surface to prevent a skin from forming, and refrigerate until cool, about 2 hours, or overnight.
Bittersweet Chocolate Marquise With Orange Creme Anglaise
Cane Syrup Pecan Bread Pudding With Espresso Creme Anglaise
Gingerbread With Spiced Creme Anglaise
Jitterbug's Bread Pudding With Rum Creme Anglaise
Banana Chocolate Bread Pudding With Mint Créme Anglaise
Espresso Creme Anglaise
Spiced Creme Anglaise
Chocolate Meringue Pie
Candied Almond Slivers