- 6 cups watercress, washed and spun dry
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 pound apple-smoked bacon, diced
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup thinly sliced Granny Smith apples
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 (6-ounce) blue fish fillets, at least 1/2-inch thick
- 2 tablespoons Emeril's Original Essence
- 2 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped basil, plus fresh basil sprigs, as garnish
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- Place the watercress in a large heatproof bowl and set aside.
- Preheat the grill. Place a large saute pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the olive oil and when hot, add the bacon. Cook, stirring often, until most of the fat has been released and the bacon is crispy, about 6 minutes. Add the shallots and garlic, and cook for 1 minute. Add the walnuts and cook until just toasted, stirring, about 1 minute. Add the apples and honey and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes.
- Season the blue fish filets on both sides with the Essence, and 1 teaspoon of salt. Place on the grill and cook for 3 1/2 to 4 minutes per side.
- Season the bacon apple mixture with 1/2 teaspoon of salt, 1/2 teaspoon of the black pepper, and the basil. Add the vinegar and reduce by half, about 30 seconds. Remove the dressing from the heat and pour over the watercress.
- Season the watercress with the remaining 1 teaspoon of salt, and 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper. Toss well to coat and divide the watercress among 4 plates. Place the fish on top of the watercress, and garnish with the fresh basil sprigs. Serve immediately.
Grilled Filet of Beef with Blue Cheese Glacage, Bacon and Sour Cream Mashed Potatoes and a Drizzle of Emeril's Homemade Worcestershire Sauce
Steamed Blue Crabs With Homemade Bay Seasoning
Dandelion And Bitter Greens With Fried Potatoes And Warm Bacon Dressing
Warm Grilled Potato And Fennel Salad With Herbed Buttermilk Dressing
Horseradish And Citrus Crusted Tuna With Beer Sauce And Warm Ham And Herb Potato Salad
Warm Spinach Salad With Roasted Pecan And Bacon Dressing With Goats Cheese
Blue Cheese Stuffed Filets With Bacon Mashed Potatoes
Whole Trout Stuffed With A Bacon And Eggplant Dressing
Potato Crusted Gulf Fish With A Grilled Mushroom Relish
Gulf Fish Beignets With Grilled Corn And Tomato Tartar Sauce