- 2 1/2 pounds pork butt, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano or marjoram
- 3/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon red wine or apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- Combine the pork, garlic, salt, paprika, white pepper, oregano, sugar, black pepper and red pepper in a large bowl and mix well. Pass through a food grinder fitted with a coarse die. (Alternately, transfer in 2 batches to a food processor and process until finely ground.) Transfer to a large bowl, cover tightly with plastic wrap, and refrigerate overnight. Add the vinegar to the meat and stir well to combine.
- To test the seasoning, heat the oil in a small skillet, and cook about 2 teaspoons of the mixture. Adjust seasoning, to taste.
- Form the meat into patties.
- Preheat a home smoker to 250 degrees F. Smoke the sausage for 1 1/2 hours. Remove from the smoker and use as desired.
Homemade Linguica Sausage
Linguica Stuffed Turkey Breast With Buttered Egg Noodles
Chorizo And Mussels In Tomato Wine Broth
Linguica Crusted Redfish With A Portuguese Olive-tomato Sauce, Fried Calamari And Feta Cheese
Linguica Crusted Redfish With Portuguese Olive Tomato Sauce
Buttered Egg Noodles
Mustard Cream Sauce
Marinated and Grilled London Broil with Emeril's Homemade Steak Sauce
Grilled Filet of Beef with Blue Cheese Glacage, Bacon and Sour Cream Mashed Potatoes and a Drizzle of Emeril's Homemade Worcestershire Sauce