- POTATO CRISPS:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 large baking potatoes, like russets (about 1 pound), peeled and cut on a mandolin into 1/8-inch slices
- 1 teaspoon Essence
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- MUSHROOM FILLING:
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup sliced shallots
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons fresh chopped thyme
- 12 ounces assorted wild mushrooms, such as chanterelle, wood ear, shiitake, morel, cleaned, stems removed, and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons white truffle oil
- 3/4 cup very finely grated aged Asiago (about 3 ounces)
- 24 slices fresh black or white truffle, optional garnish
- 16 chives, garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Brush 4 large baking sheets well with oil. Arrange the potato slices in one layer on the sheets. Brush with the remaining oil, and top with another baking sheet to prevent curling and bake until golden, 30 to 35 minutes, switching the sheets halfway through baking.
- Transfer with a spatula to cooling racks. Sprinkle with the Essence and salt, and set aside.
- In a large, heavy skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add the shallots and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the mushrooms, salt and pepper, and cook, stirring, until soft and most of the mushroom liquid is evaporated, about 8 minutes.
- Add the stock, cream, and thyme, and simmer until the liquid has reduced by 50 percent in volume, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the truffle oil.
- Place 2 potato slices on each of 4 serving plates. Spoon a generous tablespoon of mushroom filling on top, topped with a teaspoon of grated cheese. Continue layering the napoleon so that you have 3 layers of potatoes and 3 layers of mushrooms in all, ending with mushrooms on top. Garnish the top of each napoleon with a sprinkle of cheese and 3 slices of truffle, if desired. Arrange the chives around the outer edge of the plate and serve.
Potato And Wild Mushroom Napoleons
Rabbit And Wild Mushroom Terrine With Onion Marmalade
Warm Porcini Mushroom Flan With Wild Mushroom Confit,truffle Emulsion And Crispy Phyllo Threads
Confit Of Wild And Exotic Mushrooms With Pasta Rags, White Truffle Oil, Shaved Truffles, And Parmigiano-reggiano Cheese
Scallops, Confit Of Wild Mushrooms, And Black Truffle Dome
Crab And Wild Mushroom Cheesecake With Green Onion Coulis
Beef And Wild Mushroom Pate With A Cognac Mustard Sauce
Pistachio And Pine Nut Crusted Rack Of Venison With Wild Mushroom And Bacon Bread Pudding And A Cherry-sage Reduction Sauce
Wild Mushroom Bread Pudding
Wild Mushroom In Brioche