- 5 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 pound thin Chinese egg noodles
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground white or black pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 soft-shelled crabs, cleaned, lungs removed, and quartered
- 1/4 pound calamari, body sacs cut into 1-inch pieces, tentacles trimmed
- 1/4 pound small peeled and de-veined shrimp
- 1/4 pound bay scallops
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup 1/2-inch slices green onions (green tops only)
- 4 ounces straw mushrooms, wiped clean
- 4 ounces snow peas, ends snapped and strings removed
- Lightly grease a 9-inch round cake pan with peanut oil and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the noodles and cook until just tender, about 4 minutes. Drain and transfer to a large bowl. Toss with the sesame oil, to coat lightly. Place in the greased cake pan.
- In a wok or large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the peanut oil over high heat to almost smoking. Add the noodle cake and fry over medium-high heat, swirling occasionally to prevent the noodles from sticking. Cook until golden brown on the bottom, about 6 minutes. With a spatula, flip the noodle cake and brown the other side. Remove from the wok and keep warm until ready to serve.
- In a small bowl, combine the oyster sauce, soy sauce, cornstarch, salt, and pepper, and stir to dissolve the cornstarch.
- In a wok or large saute pan, heat the remaining 3 tablespoons of oil over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Add the crab quarters, and cook, stirring for 30 seconds. Add the calamari, shrimp and scallops and cook, stirring, until the shrimp are pink and the seafood is just cooked through, about 2 minutes. Add the pepper flakes, green onions, mushrooms, and snow peas, and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the oyster sauce mixture and cook until thickened.
- Serve immediately over the noodle cake.
Spicy Shrimp And Scallops With Cellophane Noodles
Emeril's Duck Chow Mein
Emerilized Banh Pho Bo (vietnamese Beef Noodle Soup)
Seafood And Sausage With Essence Cream Sauce
Island Shrimp And Pineapple Skewers With Rum Butter Sauce
Grilled Swordfish With White Bean Relish And Potato Skordalia
Shrimp And Grits
Grilled Marinated Fish With Tropical Salsa And Coconut Rice
Grilled Tuna With Black Bean Chili, Avocado Puree and Fried Tortillas