- 1 pound pork butt, trimmed of fat
- 2 yellow onions, quartered
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons dried Mexican oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- Chile Verde
- Corn Tortillas, accompaniment
- Diced, seeded tomatoes, accompaniment
- Sour cream, accompaniment
- Place pork butt, yellow onions, cumin, bay leaves, Mexican oregano, salt, black peppercorns and cayenne in a large saucepan and cover with water by 1-inch. Bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat to medium-low and simmer until tender, about 45 minutes, skimming the surface to remove any scum that forms. Drain in a colander.
- Shred the drained pork and return to the pot. Add the Chile Verde and stir well. Bring to a simmer over medium-low heat, and cook until heated through. Serve hot with tortillas and other desired condiments.
Chicken And Goat Cheese Tamales With Chile Verde
Pork and Chorizo Burgers with Green Chile Mayonnaise
Hickory-smoked Pork Chops With Braised Greens And Green Onion Rice Pilaf
Pork Chops Stewed With Apples And Prunes, With Mashed Sweet Potatoes
Roasted Pork Tacos With Green Mole Sauce And A Cinnamon And Apple Relish
Chicken And Green Chile Tamales With Roasted Tomato Salsa
Chorizo, Cheese, And Green Chile Enchiladas
Smoked Oyster Dressing Stuffed Pork Chops With Andouille Hollandaise And Smothered Greens
Foie Gras And Mushroom Stew With Mascarpone Dumplings