- 1 quart vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup crushed frosted cornflakes
- 1 cup sweetened coconut flakes, or 1 cup chopped walnuts, or 1 cup cookie crumbs
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- Hot chocolate sauce, optional
- Whipped cream, optional
- With an ice cream scoop, form 4 large balls of ice cream. Place on a waxed paper lined sheet and cover with plastic wrap. Freeze for at least 2 hours.
- In a bowl, combine the cornflake crumbs with either the coconut, walnuts or cookie crumbs (or any combination). Spread the mixture in a shallow dish.
- Dip the ice cream balls in the crumb mixture and freeze for 30 minutes.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs and sugar. Dip the coated ice cream balls into the eggs, then roll in the crumb mixture, coating completely. Freeze for 1 hour. (If necessary, or for a thicker crust, roll again in eggs and crumbs until the balls are completely coated.)
- Heat the oil in a large pot or fryer to 400 degrees F. One at a time, lower the balls into the oil and fry until golden brown, about 30 seconds to 1 minute. Remove from the oil and place in a dessert bowl. Drizzle with chocolate sauce and whipped cream, as desired. Repeat with the remaining ice cream.
Chocolate Mint Chip Ice Cream Pie
Fresh Peach Fried Pies With A Cinnamon Crust And Roasted Peach And Raspberry Ice Cream
Cinnamon Rum Raisin Ice Cream With Fried Plantains And Spun Sugar
Emeril's White Chocolate Chip Brownie Ice Cream Sandwiches With Marshmallow Icing
Chocolate Buttermilk Cake with Fudge Icing and Chicory Coffee Ice Cream
Chocolate Cookie Crust
Pina Colada Parfait
Ginger Lemongrass Infused Coconut Sorbet
Bourbon Chocolate Pecan Pie with Vanilla Bean Ice Cream