- 1 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1/2 cup finely chopped toasted walnuts
- 1/2 cup minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced lemon peel
- 3 large pasta sheets
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup finely chopped shallots
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Asiago or Parmesan
- In a bowl combine the goat cheese, walnuts, basil, oil, garlic and lemon peel, and mix well. Set aside.
- Put pasta sheet on work surface with long side facing you and put packed teaspoon of filling 2 inches apart lengthwise along half of the pasta sheet (you should have 10 to 12 mounds). Around each mound of filling brush dough very lightly with water. Fold dough lengthwise in half over mounds of filling, gently pressing around mounds to force out any air, and seal edges well. With a fluted pastry wheel trim edges and cut between mounds of filling to separate ravioli.
- Line a large tray with a dry kitchen towel and arrange ravioli in 1 layer. Make more ravioli with remaining 2 pieces of dough and remaining filling in same manner, transferring to kitchen-towel-lined tray and arranging in 1 layer. Ravioli may be made 8 hours ahead and chilled on towel-lined tray, covered loosely with plastic wrap. Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in large, heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add the walnuts and cook, stirring, until brown and fragrant, about 3 minutes. Remove nuts from the pan. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons butter, shallots and garlic, and sauté for 1 minute. Add the wine and cream, and bring to a boil. Cook over medium-high until the liquid has thickened and reduced by nearly 50 percent in volume, about 4 minutes. Stir in the basil, salt and pepper. Remove from the heat and cover to keep warm.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the ravioli until they are tender and rise to the surface, carefully stirring to keep them from sticking together, 3 to 4 minutes. Drain in a colander. Transfer the cooked ravioli to the pan with the sauce, and gently toss to coat and heat through. Divide the ravioli among 6 serving plates or shallow bowls, and sprinkle each serving with grated cheese. Serve immediately.
Goat Cheese Ravioli With Creamy Walnut Sauce
Roasted Quail Stuffed With Veal Over Creamy Goat's Cheese Grits With A Maderia Reduction
Crawfish Stuffed Veal Chops With Crawfish Marchand De Vin Sauce And Creamy White Cheddar Cheese Grits
Goat's Cheese Stuffed Softshells With A Pecan Pesto Butter Sauce
Lasagna Of Fresh Spinach, Corn And Crab With A Goat's Cheese Sauce
Roasted Rack Of Lamb With Goat's Cheese Potatoes And Sauce P…rigueux
Pistachio Crusted Rack Of Lamb With Goat Cheese Mashed Potatoes And Peasant Style Sauce
Goat Cheese Stuffed Zucchini Pancakes With Tomato Sauce
Roasted Leg Of Lamb With Goat Cheese Potatoes And Sauce Perigueux
Veal Raviolis With A Morel Cream Sauce And Shaved Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese