- 1/4 cup, plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup Muscat de Beaune de Venise, or other sweet, white dessert white, such as White Port or Sauternes
- 2 pints fresh raspberries
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup melted bittersweet chocolate
- Dried Pears
- In a small saucepan, combine 1/4 cup of the sugar and the wine, and dissolve, stirring, over medium-low heat, and slightly reduced, about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and cool. Combine the raspberries and syrup in a bowl and toss gently to combine.
- In a bowl whip the heavy cream until it is nearly doubled in volume. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons sugar and whip until it forms stiff peaks.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of chocolate on the bottom of a dessert plate, and top with 1 pear slice. Layer with 1 tablespoon of cream, raspberries, 1 teaspoon of chocolate, and 1 pear slice, and repeat to make 6 layers in all, finishing with raspberries and chocolate on top. Repeat with the remaining ingredients, to make 4 napoleons in all.
Raspberry And Dried Pear Napoleons
Crabmeat And Baby Asparagus Napoleons
Potato And Wild Mushroom Napoleons
Egglant, Tomato And Feta Cheese Napoleons
Apple, Pear, And Raspberry Stew With Oatmeal Dumplings
Smoked Salmon Napoleons
Pear, Stilton, And Walnut Souffles With Pear Compote
English Trifle With Poached Pears And Raspberries
Seared Duck Breast With Pear And Dried Cherry Compote With Shallot Reduction