- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup grated Fuji or McIntosh apple
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 1/2 pounds ground chicken
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1 tablespoon chopped thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped sage
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 5 eggs
- Chives, to garnish
- In a large, heavy skillet heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the onions and apples and cook, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Remove from the pan and cool.
- In a large bowl combine the chicken, pork, thyme, sage, salt and pepper. Add the cooled onion mixture and mix well.
- On a plastic-covered surface, form the mixture into 8 (4-ounce) patties, about 3 inches in diameter each.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil in a 12-inch skillet over high heat. Add 4 patties to the pan and cook until golden brown, about 3 to 4 minutes per side. Remove from the pan and serve hot.
- Melt the butter in a nonstick sauté pan over medium heat. When butter is melted, carefully crack the eggs into the pan. Cook for 4 minutes for sunny side up. Serve eggs with sausage and garnish with chives.
Stewed Chicken, Sausage And Ham
Bacon, Apple, and Fennel Dressing
Apple, Pear, And Raspberry Stew With Oatmeal Dumplings
Parsnip Cakes With Smoked Trout, Apple, And Horseradish Cream
Smoked Trout, Apple, And Horseradish Cream
Chicken Apple Fennel Breakfast Sausage
Pork, Chicken, And Shrimp Satay
Wild Rice, Sausage, and Apple Dressing
Overstuffed Pumpkin With Cornbread, Apples And Turkey Sausage With Sauvignon Blanc
Herb Stuffed Roasted Chicken With Reduced Pan Gravy, And Herbed Rice Pilaf With Peas