- 30 eggplant slices (about 1/4-inch thick, about 3 pounds
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 large eggs beaten with 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 3 cups fine dried breadcrumbs
- Emeril's Original Essence
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- Spicy Lamb Sauce
- 1 pound feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 cups Béchamel Sauce
- Chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375?F.
- Grease a large deep-dish (11x14-inch) lasagna pan. Season the eggplant slices with Essence. Put the flour in a shallow dish and season with Essence. Put the egg wash in a shallow dish and season with Essence. Put the breadcrumbs in another shallow dish and season with Essence. Dredge the eggplant in the flour, then dip each slice in the egg wash, allowing the excess to drip off. Dredge the slices in the breadcrumbs, coating evenly.
- Heat equal amounts of the vegetable oil in two large skillets over medium heat. Panfry the eggplant, in batches, until crispy, 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Remove from the skillets and drain on paper towels. Season with Essence.
- To assemble the lasagna, spread 2 cups of the spicy lamb sauce evenly on the bottom of the prepared pan. Sprinkle 1/3 of the cheese over the sauce. Lay 10 slices of the eggplant over the cheese.Repeat the process with the remaining ingredients. Spread the bÈchamel sauce over the top and bake until golden and bubbly, about 45 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool for 10 minutes before slicing to serve. Garnish with the parsley.
Spicy Lamb Sauce
Fresh Crabmeat And Lobster Lasagna
Lamb And Feta Cheese Lasagna
Potato And Mushroom Lasagna
Lasagna Of Fresh Spinach, Corn And Crab With A Goat's Cheese Sauce
Grilled Eggplant And Lamb Medallion Sandwich With Rosemary Aioli
Herb Cheese Stuffed And Fried Eggplant Steaks With Braised Radicchio, Fennel, And Escarole
Pressed Spicy Eggplant With Mozzarella And Basil
Roasted Flounder Stuffed With An Eggplant And Cornbread Dressing